As many of you know, we are exploring the possibility of leasing or buying a building to be a permanent home for AMC! Shifting from hosting weekly dances to managing a permanent space is a big!
To facilitate this, we are developing a nonprofit business plan which will ensure the operation will be realistic and sustainable. Performing the space search, developing a build-out budget, ensuring our understanding of the market, and developing a realistic funding plan for leasing or buying a space, building it out, and filling it with community events is significant work!
To do this work we have identified a $10,000 goal!
This $10,000 will cover the expenses of:
- Space Search – Real-estate research to find what spaces that match our needs are available in Asheville
- Market Research to estimate realistic income from the projected space in the form of AMC events, Space rental from aligned organizations, space rental from other events, Grants, non-Grant Fundraising, and possibly other operations such as a cafe
- estimate operations expenses of the researched activities
- estimate basic build-out expenses for a leased or purchased space
- Development of a nonprofit business plan
- Professional development of officers around nonprofit business development
- Fundraising costs for the Seed Fund
We’re almost there!
Our Silent Auction and other seed fund donations have already raised nearly $7,000 towards our seed fund!
We hope we can raise the remaining ~$3,000 by the end of 2018!
Your Donations will be matched!
With the wonderful support of a matching donor, all donations received by Christmas Eve will be matched (up to $1,500)!
Share & Invite Others to Donate
Share the on Facebook!
If you would like to donate via PayPal manually, you can also send money to on PayPal.